Feeling a bit overwhelmed when trying to manage your Google calendar, iOS calendar, contacts and more? Cue is here to save the day and keep it organized. Cue by Daniel Gross and Robby Walker is an app that helps users to keep all calendars, contacts, and emails in one place. It aggregates the data from all these sources and puts them together in an intelligent way.
Cue is free on the Apple app store and allows for quick search through multiple platforms, intelligently manages automated emails or contact changes and connects events to both contacts and locations. The interactions that work best on Cue are the following:
- Adding a month view into the interface – this allows for a quick snapshot of the entire month and easy navigation to dates that are further out.
- Added navigation back to the current date – the Cue button in the bottom navigation takes you back to the current date for easy access and eliminates tapping back through dates.
- Running late feature in event – this allows you to quickly text a contact associated with an event to tell them you are running late. The interface gives you the option of choosing from pre-canned time increments or customizing the amount.
The main friction points here are:
- Inability to edit events within the app – this interrupts the in app use and forces a user to open up other applications to manage their data. Allowing in app edits would keep users within the app and make Cue a hub for event, contact and email management.
- Option to clear search history function – this would help to unclutter the search area for those of us who like to clear out items for increased organization.
- Labeled Today button in bottom navigation – it is unclear right away that the bottom Cue button will take you to the current date, changing the text to today will help users flow through the app easily.
This app is a great way to view a snapshot of your daily events and keep straight the contacts and locations associated with them. If you are looking to get organized and see everything in one place then download this app!