Picture this. You are brainstorming with one of your friends on a great idea for a new mobile app and you want to visualize your thoughts in a mobile layout. There is no paper, no sharpies or even Omnigraffle to be found. What do you do? Head to Wireframe.cc for a quick and easy wire framing tool. Wireframe.cc is a basic wire framing tool that allows you to quickly create, edit and share interface ideas for desktop and mobile.
Here’s what is great about this tool:
- It is first and foremost an easy to use and free wire framing tool.
- There is a simple options menu that facilitates quick creation and editing of elements.
- No download is required and it is accessible through a browser.
- It provides templates for both mobile and desktop wireframes.
- Annotations allow for further explanation of any element and give users some ability to provide feedback.
How to improve this product for users:
- Allow users control over the menu bar placement so they can move the menu and view items behind it. This is especially useful on mobile layouts and for smaller elements.
- Changing text edit control to a single or double click instead of limiting it to the edit menu. My first impulse was to double click to enter text and it took me a bit to find the pencil icon in the edit menu.
- Ability to create versions of a wireframe for rapid prototyping. This will give users the ability to make multiple iterations of an individual wireframe.
- A template for tablet wireframes.